Continued initiative from UVCEGA to support the students
- This initiative is aimed at supporting the students in need and also to motivate them to reach higher and press themselves to achieve their dreams.
- We hope that the scholarship awarded will help the student in boosting the confidence up and we expect that it is put to the best possible use.
- We will be extending scholarships in the form of financial assistance and support for certifications. This should help the students to achieve their full potential and bring accolades to the alma mater and to thier near and dear ones.
- We will try and extend the required support within our limits to all the needy students.
- We will be in touch with the awardees, talk to them, guide them and motivate them as needed.
2023-24 Scholarship Application Form
Taking a cue from our previous experiences and inputs from VisionUVCE, we are taking a new step. This year there are two options to select from: Scholarship and Certification Support. To know in detail, watch this video:
Before planning to proceed further, read the complete details below. Also, we will be having online session to explain these options in detail. RSVP today by selecting your slot (Attending the session is mandatory).
- Tuesday 7th Nov, Evening 8PM
- Wednesday 8th Nov, Evening 6PM
- Friday 10th Nov, Evening 8PM
- Monday 13th Nov, Evening 6PM
Things to Consider:
There will be a few conditions for students who get shortlisted. There will be tasks that will be expected from them like:
- Will need to update the mentors/guides on a regular basis
- Send one mail every month updating what they did in the month
- Attend the online/in-person meets without a miss.
- When UVCEGA Team gives a simple assignment, you will need to evaluate the submissions of two of your peers.
We will be guiding and helping with completion of the tasks mentioned above. We are insisting to take the help of the alumni. More detailed explanation of each of the task will be provided after the final list of Scholarship Awardees is announced.
If you have any queries, you can write to email@example.com
Last Date to Apply: November 22nd, 2023
Remember that you can choose only one option - Scholarship or Certification Support
- The BoG chairperson, Director and Chairpersons of all the Departments will be informed about the Scholarship initiative and requested to inform the students about the UVCEGA Scholarship via announcements.
- We invite the applications from students. The students will need to fill the Application Form every year (irrespective of if they have received Scholarships previous year). We try to identify the need and necessity for the students along with his/her background details (including academic, finance, interests, purpose, family details)
- After the deadline, based on specific criteria set (like overall academic performance, extra curricular activities, stay and additional expenses, need, family background), we filter the candidates for interview on a particular date. There is no fixed number. We have varied the numbers year entirely based on the applications and deserving students.
- During interview, alumni from various batches are asked to interact with the students on a general basis and evaluate the necessity. There is no restriction on the numbers from each panel. Since, there is no constraint to begin with, the alumni are able to judge without any pre-determined notions.
- After the interviews are done, we all come together and each panel is given an opportunity to share their views and present the case of how many should be awarded scholarships from their panel and why they deserve it. On a case-by-case basis, other alumni can question the need or suggest alternatives. Finally, the list is decided based on everyone’s consensus. Based on the funds available and additional requirement, next action plan is prepared.
- The Scholarships are awarded in a very simple and small event in the college premises.
- The Scholarship awardees are also monitored from past 1 year about the performance in various aspects and informed to keep in touch if they need more guidance or support.
Calling Alumni Donors
Be it UVCEGA or VisionUVCE or any other Scholarships, it is always the support from the alumni donors which has made it suucessful. It is the mindset to “Give Back to UVCE” that we respect. Thanks to the generous contributions from individual and alumni groups, various groups have been able to sustain Scholarships initiative for years. We have multiple options and choices for people to select from for the scholarship funds donation
- There is no minimum contribution amount. You can donate it as an individual or as a group.
- You can participate in the process during interview process to get the actual feel of the initiative.
- If you intend to create an endowment fund and create a Scholarship for a dedicated amount of time, we welcome it.
- For alumni interested to create an endowment fund, you are welcome to specify your criteria too.
The Endowment Funds will not be for infinite duration,but will be dealt in case-by case manner. We will discuss in detail and provide the updated plan here.
We have had alumni interested to create a Scholarship in the name of their parents, batchmates etc. We encourage you to reach out to us and we will be glad to accomodate it. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org